Mini-Flex offers complete bellows assembly solutions for existing specifications and custom designs. From general cost effective industrial applications to intricate high pressure valves used in manned space flight, every bellows assembly is manufactured with the highest quality materials and tested to ensure superior construction and adherence with all quality control criterion.
Prior to bellows assembly, all bellows requirements should be considered and identified, preferably by submitting the Mini-Flex designed bellows specification form. The next step includes submitting an assembly layout design with preferred assembly method. This can be a simple CAD or hand sketched drawing. Once the assembly design is received, Mini-Flex will evaluate all details of the design, and if appropriate, will respond with recommendations including drawing markups, design guidance and other pertinent assistance.
Mini-Flex will control all manufacturing and processing using Mini-Flex and customer approved sources to assure all drawing and design requirements are achieved.
Bellows Assembly Considerations and Options:
- Bellows hardness options include cold worked as formed (standard), age hardened (if applicable) or annealed.
- All end fittings are custom made from raw material or by modifying standard pipe, HIP, Parker, Swagelok, or other pressure fittings.
- Standard pre-assembly cleanliness includes solvent degreasing, followed by a final lab grade acetone flush. Optional enhanced cleanliness to level 100 prior to assembly and glove bag assembly in a controlled atmosphere are available on request.
- Assembly methods include laser weld, electron beam weld, TIG weld, induction braze, oven braze, epoxy and soft solder.
- Pre and post assembly processes may include passivation, electro-polishing, and plating. Special cleaning and/or additional options are available upon request.
To learn more about bellows assembly solutions, contact us or request a quote today.