Mini-Flex custom made metal bellows are designed to meet our customer’s precise needs and requirements. We offer custom made single or multi-ply hydroformed metal bellows built to your desired specifications. Our experienced engineers and production team will walk you through the design process to maximize cost efficiency and ensure the highest quality standards are met. Please complete our Bellows Specification Form, including your maximum and minimum requirement for each feature for engineering review.
Custom Metal Bellows Size Ranges (inches)
- Inside Diameter (ID): 0.070 to 1.000
- Outside Diameter (OD): 0.130 to 1.700
- Convolution Length: 0.015 to 3.000
- Wall Thickness: 0.0015 to 0.028
Note: the above dimensions vary by application and diameter
Metal Bellows Materials
Seamless tubing is used to form the majority of bellows manufactured by Mini-Flex, resulting in the highest quality product available. Welded and drawn tubing or welded tubing is also available by request. The ultimate tensile strength (UTS) and yield tensile strength (YTS) ratio, elongation, wall thickness and convolution ID/OD ratio must be considered in material selection. Typical metal bellows materials include but are not limited to the following.
- Stainless Steel type 304, 304L, 316, 316L, 321, 347
- Inconel Alloys type 600, 625, 718, x-750
- Nickel 200, Ni-Span C-902, Hastelloy X, Monel 400 and 404
- Beryllium Copper C17200, Phosphor Bronze C52100, Brass 70-30
- Aluminum 6061 and many other exotic alloys including Titanium, Columbium 1% Zirconium, and Haynes 25
Custom Metal Bellows Selection