Machine Operator Job Description
Since 1961, Mini-Flex Corporation has been a leading metal bellows manufacturer, specializing in precision metal bellows, bellows assemblies, and complete bellows systems. We are a family-owned and operated company specializing primarily in the growing aerospace, energy, and industrial industries. In addition to a relaxed and supportive work environment, Mini-Flex operates on a Monday – Thursday workweek schedule, allowing for flexibility and work/life balance. We offer onsite training, job stability, and career advancement with competitive compensation and benefits that include: 100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance; paid vacation and sick time; profit-sharing or 401k match; overtime; and end-of-year bonuses.
About This Role
Mini-Flex is seeking a full-time Machine Operator to join the growing team. The Machine Operator will operate manufacturing equipment according to established specifications, standard operating procedures, and work instructions. Candidate must demonstrate steady hand-eye coordination. This position offers room for advancement within the company. Please review the responsibilities, requirements, and benefits outlined below.
- Operates machinery in accordance with project specifications, including lathe deburring, light press work, and radial saw precision cutting.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintains logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded pieces.
- Inspect equipment before use to ensure proper setup and alignment and perform basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Packages and cleans products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn production equipment.
- Experience using decimals in the US standard system of measuring.
- Knowledge of measuring tools including micrometers, calipers, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic math skills using a calculator.
- Good hand-eye coordination and vision.
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass a background check.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- 401k match or profit-sharing
- End-of-year bonus
- Opportunities for advancement
- Onsite job training
- One full-time position is available.
- 4×10 work schedule; work hours are 7:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday – Thursday; we are closed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Starting pay range is $18.00 to $25.00 per hour; compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
- This job is located onsite in Ventura, California